Work at FerroMac International
TRAINEE STEEL TRADER
- Are you a high potential in the beginning of your career?
- Are you a team player with commercial flair and professional appearance?
- Do you like to travel to exotic destinations?
- Are you fluent in Dutch, English and Spanish?
- You don’t want to be ‘just a number’?
Then we want YOU as a TRAINEE STEEL TRADER for our markets in Central & Latin America!
Our spacious & modern office is located in the heart of Antwerp. It is tailored for the needs of the new generation of employees:
- Isolated work spaces;
- High end conference call areas;
- Informal chill out room;
- A ‘take a nap’ room;
- A private rooftop with terrace overlooking Antwerp;
- A fully equipped kitchen to cook your own healthy lunch;
- Stand-up desks;
- Sport facilities;
- Proximity to the central park & showers to use after your lunch work-out/run;
- A pool table;
- Yoga & boot camp sessions together with your colleagues
Our traineeship takes off with two trainee steel traders. We provide a structured course to become an independent steel trader. Your training will begin at our headquarters in the heart of Antwerp.
- We start with an intense training of 12 to 24 months to let you master the operational side of the business. You will help the senior trader with operational tasks.
- During this first part of training, you will get trained in product knowledge, documentation, contracts, commercial skills, quick calculations, analyze prize structures, work out analyzes, start-up commercial actions, control risks, …
- After proven skill, you will be supporting smaller existing clients from the senior trader under his supervision. During this time you will join the senior trader on business trips & worldwide conferences.
- After 18 to 24 months, depending on your skill and progress, you will be appointed your own market that you may singlehandedly develop.
“MUST HAVE” SKILLS
Our ideal candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player;
- Have strong commercial insights;
- Be willing to travel to exotic destinations;
- Be fluent in Dutch, English and Spanish;
- Have a Master’s Degree.
We are preferably looking for:
- Recent graduates;
- Graduates with a Master’s Degree in Commercial Engineering, Applied Economical Sciences, International Business or equivalent;
- Graduates with interest in international trade;
- Candidates with easy access to our Antwerp offices.
We offer you a position in a smaller company where you are not just a number. You will enjoy one-on-one training by experts and have the opportunity to show & grow your potential. You will be welcomed in a no-nonsense environment of a growing and ambitious SME where team spirit comes first.
- Young and enthusiastic colleagues;
- The opportunity to grow and to develop your personal skills;
- Quarterly Team Events;
- Meal vouchers;
- Medical insurance;
- Group Insurance;
- Flexible work hours;
- Fun incentives;
- Smartphone + subscription;
- After proven skills:
- Personal bonus
- Candidates stand out by their CV & motivational letter;
- Selected candidates will receive a call (+/-15 min.) from our HR officer;
- Stand out candidates will be welcomed at our FerroMac office for the selection event;
- Final candidates will be invited to the informal FerroMac diner;
The opportunity is here, you just have to grab it by sending an e-mail with your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest before 15th of December.
Still not convinced?
Take a look at our current team of young experts on our website https://www.ferromac.com/ferromac-international-team/, average age 31, who will become your mentors and coaches.