Work at FerroMac International
TRAINEE STEEL TRADER
- Are you a high potential in the beginning of your career?
- Are you a team player with commercial flair and professional appearance?
- Do you like to travel to exotic destinations?
- Are you fluent in Dutch, English, French and/or Spanish?
- You don’t want to be ‘just a number’?
Then we want YOU as a TRAINEE STEEL TRADER for our global markets.
We are located in the heart of Antwerp in a brand new office building. It is tailored for the needs of the new generation of employees:
- Isolated work spaces;
- High end conference call areas;
- Informal chill out rooms;
- A fully equipped kitchen to cook your own healthy lunch;
- Stand-up desks;
- Sport facilities;
- Proximity to the central park & showers to use after your lunch work-out/run;
- A ping pong table and pool table;
Our traineeship takes off with four trainee steel traders. We provide a structured course to become an independent steel trader. Your training will begin at our headquarters in the heart of Antwerp.
- We start with an intense training of 3 to 12 months to let you master the operational side of the business. You will help the senior trader with operational tasks.
- Secondly, you will get trained in product knowledge, commercial skills, quick calculations, analyze prize structures, work out analyzes, start-up commercial actions, control risks, …
- After proven skill (between 6 to 12 months), you will be supporting smaller existing clients from the senior trader under his supervision. During this time you will join the senior trader on business trips & worldwide conferences.
- After 18 to 24 months, depending on your skill and progress, you will be appointed your own market that you may singlehandedly develop.
“MUST HAVE” SKILLS
Our ideal candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player;
- Have strong commercial insights;
- Be willing to travel to exotic destinations;
- Be fluent in English and Dutch;
- Be comfortable to communicate in French;
- Be comfortable to communicate in Spanish (nice to have);
- Have a Master Degree.
We are preferably looking for:
- Recent graduates;
- Graduates with a Master Degree in Commercial Engineering, Applied Economical Sciences;
- Graduates with interest in trading;
- Candidates with easy access to our Antwerp offices.
We offer you a position in a smaller company where you are not just a number. You will enjoy one-on-one training by experts and have to opportunity to show & grow your potential. You will be welcomed in a no-nonsense environment of a growing and ambitious SME where team spirit comes first.
- Young and enthusiastic colleagues;
- The opportunity to grow and to develop your personal skills;
- Quarterly Team Events;
- A starting salary above average;
- Meal vouchers;
- Medical insurance;
- Group Insurance;
- Flexible work hours;
- Company bonus;
- Fun incentives;
- After proven skill:
- Personal Bonus
- Smartphone + subscription
- Candidates stand out by their CV & motivational letter;
- Selected candidates will receive a call (+/-15min. each) from our managing director;
- Stand out candidates will be welcomed at our FerroMac office for the selection event;
- Final candidates will be invited to the informal FerroMac diner;
If we hit it off, you will sign your contract in May and your desk will be ready in September!
The opportunity is here, you just have to grab it by sending an e-mail with your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still not convinced? Take a look at our current team of young experts on our website, average age 31, who will become your mentors and coaches.