Work at FerroMac International
TRAINEE STEEL TRADER
- Are you a high potential in the beginning of your career?
- Are you a team player with commercial flair and professional appearance?
- Do you like to travel to exotic destinations?
- Are you fluent in Dutch, English, French and/or Spanish?
- You don’t want to be ‘just a number’?
Then we want YOU as a TRAINEE STEEL TRADER for our African or Latin American markets.
We are located in the heart of Antwerp in a brand new office building. It is tailored for the needs of the new generation of employees:
- Isolated work spaces;
- High end conference call areas;
- Informal chill out rooms;
- A fully equipped kitchen to cook your own healthy lunch;
- Stand-up desks;
- Sport facilities;
- Proximity to the central park & showers to use after your lunch work-out/run;
- A ping pong table;
Our traineeship takes off with four trainee steel traders. We provide a structured course to become an independent steel trader. Your training will begin at our headquarters in the heart of Antwerp.
- We start with an intense training of 3 to 6 months to let you master the operational side of the business. You will help the senior trader with operational tasks.
- Secondly, you will get trained in product knowledge, commercial skills, quick calculations, analyze prize structures, work out analyzes, start-up commercial actions, control risks, …
- After 6 months you will be supporting smaller existing clients from the senior trader under his supervision. During this time you will join the senior trader on business trips & worldwide conferences.
- After 18 to 24 months, depending on your skill and progress, you will be appointed your own market that you may singlehandedly develop.
“MUST HAVE” SKILLS
Our ideal candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player;
- Have strong commercial insights;
- Be willing to travel to exotic destinations;
- Be fluent in English and Dutch;
- Be comfortable to communicate in French (for African Traders);
- Be comfortable to communicate in Spanish (for Latin America Traders);
- Have a Bachelor Degree.
We are preferably looking for:
- Recent graduates;
- Candidates with strong commercial insights;
- Graduates with a Master Degree in Commercial Engineering, Applied Economical Sciences;
- Candidates with easy access to our Antwerp offices.
We offer you a position in a smaller company where you are not just a number. You will enjoy one-on-one training by experts and have to opportunity to show & grow your potential. You will be welcomed in a no-nonsense environment of a growing and ambitious SME where team spirit comes first.
- Young and enthusiastic colleagues;
- The opportunity to grow and to develop your personal skills;
- Quarterly Team Events;
- A starting salary above average;
- Meal vouchers;
- Medical insurance;
- Group Insurance;
- Flexible work hours;
- Company bonus;
- Nice incentives;
- After proven skill:
- Personal Bonus
- Smartphone + subscription
- Striking candidates stand out by their CV & motivational letter;
- They will receive two calls (+/-15min. each), one from our trade coordinator and one from our managing director, to check if there is a match;
- If there is, you will be invited for a tasty diner to get to know each other;
If we hit it off, your desk will be ready!
Still not convinced? Take a look at our current team of young experts, average age 31, who will become your mentors and coaches: https://www.ferromac.com/ferromac-international-team/